zoedsoupe

zoedsoupe

I am part of the PEA Pescarte, a socio-environmental mitigation project here in the state of RJ, which aims to integrate and empower autonomous fisher people in society. More information can be found at PEA Pescarte · GitHub.

I am part of the development of the project’s web platform, which besides a public part, also has an administrative part.

Today, the platform is developed with phoenix live view, but I find myself practically alone in the development part of the project. As a result, the rest of the project ends up having many other demands that I cannot meet in a timely manner.

With this, the DBA of our team, who is also a professor at UFScar, proposed to create extension projects for her students to complete hours and contribute to the platform. These extension projects do not have many hours, which makes these students prefer to use technologies they already have experience with (usually js)

Another issue is that for now we only have one server, a very simple one, that one of the universities here in town provides for deployment. This means that the complexity to orchestrate all these “services” + the platform would be quite large.

With this, the current idea is to centralize all the business rule and external integrations in the main project part and the other projects just consume the data from the source of truth.

But this generates another problem: every time a new client comes up (new demand), the design system and the components that are already implemented with live view end up needing to be reimplemented and duplicated in each project…

In the long term, I thought about building something like a BFF service that already makes these styled components available for any front end to use, and this is what I would like to discuss. Does this sound technically feasible? What could be my difficulties during this implementation? Are there other possibilities? Am I thinking too far ahead and is this a solution that I would be trying to reinvent the wheel?

Some other questions:

  • How could I manage styles? It is better to distribute like a CDN?
  • How I could manage some component state? Would I be reinventing the live view architecture?
  • Web components can be a way to distribute HTML in this case?
  • Maybe with help of HTMX I could achieve this?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

zoedsoupe

zoedsoupe OP

I just found ReactSurface - Render React Components via Surface which is kinda similar, although is has focus only on React.JS. In my case, most of applications are built with React so it could be a starting point. But the ideia was to be framework/library agnostic

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews