tadasajon

tadasajon

I want to disable an HTML button conditionally in a HEEX template. Currently I am doing this:

<%= if @valid_sheet do %>
    <button phx-click="save" name="save" value={@sheet_id}> 
        Save
    </button>
<% else %>
    <button phx-click="save" name="save" value={@sheet_id} disabled> 
        Save
    </button>
<% end %>

But I would rather just write a button into my html code only once and merely add the disabled attribute conditionally, as follows:

<button phx-click="save" name="save" value={@sheet_id} {if not @valid_sheet, do: "disabled"}> 
        Save
</button>

But it gives me this error: “Enumerable not implemented for “disabled” of type BitString”

How can I conditionally add an attribute to an html element?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

tadasajon

tadasajon OP

I found the answer here: Interpolating boolean attributes in HEEx - #4 by jaimeiniesta

Apologies for not searching more assiduously before asking a question in the forums.

Here is what my HEEX looks like now:

<button phx-click="save" name="save" value={@sheet_id} disabled={not @valid_sheet}> 
        Save
</button>

This will result in the disabled attribute disappearing entirely (rather than being set as disabled="false"), which is what I wanted.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews