zorn
I was watching “Why I built Ash Authentication - James Harton” and during the demo there was a moment where James had some nice tooltips show up for what was allowed in the DSL.
https://youtu.be/QkKY0YJcRDg?si=h7q-eJ49A5ITQyqz&t=347
As a young user of Ash myself, I find discovery of the DSL to be a challenge. I have not gone too deep into this, but what do I need to do to see similar tooltips in VS Code?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming












Showing Posts 5 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
Bummer. Next thing to check would be the Output panel in VSCode
zorn
Not seeing autocomplete.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2fw7o9z8pqw5u6ea9a085/ash-autocomplete.mp4?rlkey=hxk3q2laqpjnfy9p1b6527u8y&dl=0
zachdaniel
attribu...should autocomplete toattributes.zorn
Just updated my dependencies (they were 4 days out of date) and then reinstalled elixirls (it too saw recent updates), trashed my build and
.elixir_lsfolders.What I see for a tooltips is:
and clicking that
hexdocslink takes me to a 404 URL:https://hexdocs.pm/ash/2.15.12/Ash.Resource.Dsl.html#attributes/1I’m probably not going to spend a bunch more effort on this (at least today), but thought I’d ask in case I’m missing something.
zachdaniel
It should “just work” if you are using ElixirLS, and a recent version of ash/the extension in question, as well as
spark. Perhaps trymix deps.update spark