nishanthg92
I have a collection like below.
"userId" : ObjectId("5c666338421aa9791982f367")
"attendance" : [
{
"attendanceTakenAt" : "2019-02-19T06:26:25.423000Z",
"day" : 19,
"hour" : 6,
"minute" : 26,
"month" : 2,
"morningAttendance" : true,
"period" : "morning",
"seconds" : 25,
"year" : 2019
},
{
"afternoonAttendance" : true,
"attendanceTakenAt" : "2019-02-19T07:00:31.019000Z",
"day" : 19,
"hour" : 7,
"minute" : 0,
"month" : 2,
"period" : "afternoon",
"seconds" : 31,
"year" : 2019
},
{
"afternoonAttendance" : false,
"attendanceTakenAt" : "2019-02-19T09:09:04.960000Z",
"day" : 20,
"hour" : 9,
"minute" : 9,
"month" : 2,
"period" : "afternoon",
"seconds" : 4,
"year" : 2019
},
{
"attendanceTakenAt" : "2019-03-01T06:24:41.474000Z",
"day" : 1,
"hour" : 6,
"minute" : 24,
"month" : 3,
"morningAttendance" : true,
"period" : "morning",
"seconds" : 41,
"year" : 2019
},
{
"afternoonAttendance" : true,
"attendanceTakenAt" : "2019-03-01T06:52:53.447000Z",
"day" : 1,
"hour" : 6,
"minute" : 52,
"month" : 3,
"period" : "afternoon",
"seconds" : 53,
"year" : 2019
},
{
"afternoonAttendance" : true,
"attendanceTakenAt" : "2019-03-07T06:58:04.483000Z",
"day" : 7,
"hour" : 6,
"minute" : 58,
"month" : 3,
"period" : "afternoon",
"seconds" : 4,
"year" : 2019
}
]
Now i need to update "afternoonAttendance": false for "attendance.day": 7. I tried using arrayFilters like below in mongo.
db.student_database.update({userId: ObjectId("5c666338421aa9791982f367"), rollNumber: "100"}, { $set: { "attendance.$[elem].afternoonAttendance" : false } }, {multi: true, arrayFilters: [ {"elem.day": 7, "elem.month": 3, "elem.year": 2019, "elem.period": "afternoon"} ] })
Above query works fine in MongoDB interface. but, I am not gettiing to use this query in phoenix elixir project. I am trying like below in elixir project.
filter = %{
"userId" => ObjectId("5c666338421aa9791982f367"),
"rollNumber" => "100"
}
update = %{
"$set" => %{
"attendance.$[elem].afternoonAttendance" => false
}
}
options = %{
"arrayFilters" => [%{ "elem.day" => 7, "elem.month" => 3, "elem.year" => 2019, "elem.period" => "afternoon" }]
}
Mongo.update_many(:mongo, "db_collection", filter, update, options)
Which is getting error. Please help me how to update in elixir project.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Ankhers
Can you post the error that you are getting?
From a quick glance your options variable is a map. If you look at the documentation for update_many/5, the options are meant to be a keyword list. But without seeing the error you are getting, it is impossible for me to know if this was the issue you are bumping up against.