treble37
Is the below from aldusleaf the best way to monitor memory in Elixir/Phoenix (both on production and locally) in 2016?
I was looking for something like GitHub - SamSaffron/memory_profiler: memory_profiler for ruby · GitHub in Ruby as well if anyone knows if there’s such a tool for Elixir.
I’ve googled around and found some cobbled together erlang scripts (along w/fprof, which doesn’t do memory if I read it right).
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
That looks like a real-time library rather than reporting, and if that is what you want then is there anything wrong with
:observer.start()(run that in your iex session of the server) that is built-in with erlang or any of the other built-in functionalities?sasajuric
Observer is the tool I reach for most of the time. IIRC, there were also some useful tips in Erlang in Anger. The recon library by the author might also help.
rvirding
The methods of accessing internal state by the tools mentioned like observer and recon are all well defined and open. They don’t have any special privileges. This means that you can write your own specific tools if you need to.
sasajuric
Absolutely! This big sense of a bottom up design is one of my favourite things about Erlang.
treble37
Ok, thank you all for your replies. Being pretty new to Elixir, I had a version of Erlang that didn’t have the “wxwidgets” baked in so :observer.start() wouldn’t run. But I solved that now and managed to get a handle on the memory issues…I’m looking forward to learning more about the Elixir / Erlang ecosystem.