How fast do you type - what is your WPM?

Had another crack at it today (sat at a proper desk) and moved up from ~50 WPM to 62. Not bad…but still not great! :laughing:

1 Like

Ranked #1 from that site :scream:

Wow I’m significantly faster there, 123wpm and I was still hesitating a lot. I think it is because it’s words are actually in sentences so I can mentally parse a larger set, but I still found myself running up against to where I parsed to having to pause again. I’m so much faster when typing from my mind only. ^.^;

“Your score: 419 CPM (that is 84 WPM)
Your score beats or equals 94.86% of all.”

but that’s on a mechanical keyboard. On non-mechanical ergonomic (MS Sculpt) I am consistently getting 320-350. I did not expect such big difference but there is.

1 Like

Interesting! Indeed, I also used to play a MUD, so maybe that indeed explains why we are such extremely fast typers :smiley: . With danger of going off-topic, which MUD did you play? I myself used to play Achaea for a while.

1 Like

I played Dragonrealms. For context, DR had events called “invasions” where particular city centers would be targeted by waves of monsters. And while the standard thing to do was to run around fighting and killing them, the healer class was designed to be unable to fight. The emergent thing that came out of that was that the healers would group up at a particular spot and other classes with helpful abilities would protect it (e.g., turn the room into a no-fight zone, provide mana buffs, etc.) and bring the badly hurt in for fixing up. And since it’s impossibly hard to tune the invasion into a fair challenge for everyone, you’d have a lot of overwhelmed people needing medical help, especially those caught in places they hadn’t realized had stopped being safe, creating a surge in demand for healer services.

I’ve played a little Achaea, but I never managed to really get into it quite the same way, probably because I was just too used to DR’s style of doing things and couldn’t quite get over the difference.

Score: 237
WPM: 47

on my macbook