How have you been learning Elixir & Phoenix? (2017 Edition!)

To add my own account, well, funnily enough, I had actually put my learning on hold for a year… to set the forum up :lol:

Now that I’m back into it, I’ve read Programming Elixir (50% of it) then Elixir in Action (all of it) then the remainder of Programming Elixir. Both awesome books and I highly recommend this ‘concurrent’ way of learning (look here and here for my reviews of each and details why I prefer this way of learning).

I’ve now started PragDave’s new online course which I am loving as well. I’ve learnt so much through this course and I’m only 31/86 the way through.

After this I’m not sure whether I will start reading Programming Phoenix (quite possibly if it’s been updated for Phoenix 1.3) or I might get started on my first Phoenix app. It depends how confident I feel after Dave’s course.

I’ve also bought (or will probably get) most of the other books and courses too and hope to go through them at some stage… but I’ll post updates as and when I do :003: (I will probably read them in order of whichever is the most up-to-date at the time).

8 Likes