Rustixir
My static files is png/jpeg and many
video ( under 20mb )
Each client download one times
I not interested in amazon service (s3)
I read ngnix benchmark from itself website .
It can handle this load in single machine
with 8core and 16Ram.
Is it good solution or exist another ?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
derek-zhou
BackBlaze + Cloudflare seems to be quite popular these days and should be very cost effective.
Rustixir
Its a CDN ??
derek-zhou
Cloudflare is a CDN. BackBlaze is a cloud storage.
Rustixir
In my country have a issue to using international service . We just can use cloud service of our country ,
Here exist a great CDN but
Not exist a good cloud storage.
For that reason I must use a open source
Software like Ngnix or GridFS or …
derek-zhou
Since you mentioned nginx, why don’t you just start with that, assuming you are familiar with it.
Performance-wise it should be as good as any. The only weakness of nginx is that it is hard to do run time reconfiguration.
l00ker
Another option is MinIO. MinIO supports Amazon’s S3 API and works with waffle & ex_aws_s3.
I’ve successfully used it as a simple self hosted CDN with the idea that if traffic and/or storage space ever exceeded comfortable levels, I could move to a cloud storage provider that supports the S3 API with basically what amounts to a configuration change.
LostKobrakai
Only downside of minio is that it doesn’t support ACLs, but only bucket/prefix level permissions.
Rustixir
because i want first sure then start .
then i think it is good for start, thank you
Rustixir
HayStack is facebook photo storage/serving
Seaweedfs use that architecture and
Have 13k github star
Do anyone used it ??
kartheek
I have used nginx and it is better for serving static assets. Nginx served static assets to a lot more clients concurrently than you are looking for in production. You have to enable cache control and expiry headers in nginx. Also do some linux configurations about open files, max connections, etc and you can start serving static assets very efficiently.
Start with lowest possible hardware suitable for production and do a load testing for your assets. If it doesn’t perform well check whether it is a configuration issue or system resources like cpu, network are maxed out. If the system resources are maxed out - upgrade hardware to next level.
Once in production you can keep monitoring the server behaviour and tweak hardware.
I would go with nginx anyday for serving static assets if I am not using CDNs.