MartinVolerich
I’m loving Ash and AshJsonApi and have created a “read” api that allows a user to login using the password strategy (from AshAuthentication).
My question / unknown is how to take values from the resource metadata and return it as part of the OpenApi(/Swagger) response - similar to what the AshAuthentication.Plug handle_success callback is doing?
How can I craft & add additional fields to the response that is being returned?
Thanks
Martin
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
MartinVolerich
FWIW, I tried using a calculation to bring up the metadata.token to the main resource, which works well using the code_gen functions in the REPL, but still not changing the response in the OpenAPI / Swagger page
barnabasJ
Have you added metadata to your read action definition?
MartinVolerich
Thanks. Yes I did add that read.metadata line.
sevenseacat
You’ll need to configure your JSON API route to include the metadata with the response, eg.
MartinVolerich
Wonderful. That makes a ton of sense. I’d used the metadata macro on the action but not the route. Thanks a million.
(and once again your response made me realize that I need to read the documentation better - and know where to look.)
Martin
MartinVolerich
Also, when is your book going to be available? Is it the one that Zach mentioned is coming on PragProg? I keep looking there for a beta announcement and cannot wait to get a copy.
Martin
sevenseacat
Sooooon hopefully! Yes, that’s the one - hopefully we’ll have some news about it in the next few weeks!