How to add additional svg icons using the Heroicon plugin in phoenix 1.7.2

TLDR; Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations of how to add custom svg icons to the new hero_icon setup in phoenix 1.7

This is probably a silly question, but I have been struggling with this and cannot find any resources on it.

I’ve been making use of the heroicon built in <.icon /> solution phoenix comes with, but I now have a need for social media icons (linkedin, facebook, etc.) and heroicons seems to have no interest in adding them to their list, so it seems I need to add them myself.

I’ve tried multiple approaches to add additional svg icons to the the vendor/heroicons folder, the asset seems to get built and I can see the compiled svg in the compiled .css file, but it is always blank. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations of how to add custom svgs?

1 Like

Not directly what you’re asking, but you may find this library useful: iconify_ex | Hex

2 Likes

Nice lib.

Wondering if you ever found a suitable solution to this. I’m running into the same thing, in that I need to add an empty circle (e.g., just like the heroicons circle-check but… just circle). For now I’ve dropped a new svg into my generated hero_icons dir… yeek.