stratigos
Hello I am new to Phoenix and am coming back to Elixir after a ~4 year hiatus.
I would like to add HTML attributes to HEEx elements, and they seem to do nothing - the resulting HTML does not contain an attribute.
Specifically, Im trying to add id="something" to a <.list> element. The resulting <dl> does not have any attributes I add. I have had a difficult time finding information on this online, and am wondering if its not possible.
How can HTML attributes be added to these elements?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
KP123
Components need to be explicit about their props. If you only need an ID field then add an
:idprop to your component definition. If you want to accept any valid html attribute then you’re looking for:globalattributes. Check out the docs here.stratigos
Thanks, Ill give those docs a read at some point. I dont think this is what I am looking for though, please pardon my naivety as Im unable to describe this well. This is not concerning live view, its just a regular .heex template file.
I also want to target a table row element, and Id like to add an
id=""attribute to each row in my table. The heex<.table>. Anything Ive read in Phoenix.Component — Phoenix LiveView v1.2.5 does not reveal to me how I can add anidor aclassetc to eachtrthat results when rendered.I cant seem to find any documentation for the heex elements that “ship with” Phoenix - I have zero of my own local components.
Id like to know how to properly use the things that ship with Phoenix, like these heex elements, such as adding an attribute to
<.list>or to rows in a<.table>. There is no local code for me to customize and add my own attributes.KP123
You’re talking about the core components located in
your_project/lib/your_project_web/components/core_components.ex, specificallylist/1andtable/1correct? The docs aren’t online for core components because they exist in that file. The fix is what I stated above. Take<.list/>for example, the only prop it defines is a slot that takes a title string. If you want it to take an ID then you need to add an ID prop to the component like soattr :id, :string, required: true, then render it in the template:<dl id={@id} class="-my-4 divide-y divide-zinc-100">...</dl>barkerja
If you’re using the table component that ships with the generated phoenix core components, then there is a
row_idattribute that can take a function to generate an ID for each row (tr).Example:
If you look at the component, you can see how that is used:
stratigos
Thank you so much!!! I did not see this file when the app was generated. Totally new to me. This makes much more sense now.
So yes, I was talking about this core components file.
stratigos
Thank you, this was all new to me!