gilbertosj
I need to fill in all the fields, based on information in another one automatically …
Ex: Through the “Customer Code” fill in the automatic “Customer Type” …
What should I do ??
Current Controller
def new (conn, _params)
changeset = Account.change_order (% Order {})
cod_client = Repo.all (from (c in Client, select: {c.fantasia_cliente, c.cod_client}))
client_type = Repo.all (from (c in Client, select: {c.client_type, c.client_type}))
render (conn, "new.html", changeset: changeset,
condemnation, condemnation,
sales_codes: sales_codes,
customer_code: customer_code,
client_type: client_type)
end
Current Template
<div class = "form-group">
<label> Client Type
<div class = "input-group">
<span class = "input-group-addon" id = "basic-addon1"> <i class = "fa fa-angle-double-down" aria-hidden = "true"> </ i>
<% = select (f, :client_questions, @cod_client)%>
</ div>
<% = error_tag f, :client_questions %>
</ label>
</ div>
<div class = "form-group">
<label> Client Type
<div class = "input-group">
<span class = "input-group-addon" id = "basic-addon1"> <i class = "fa fa-angle-double-down" aria-hidden = "true"> </ i>
<% = select (f, :tipocli_pedidos, @client_type)%>
</ div>
<% = error_tag f, :tipocli_pedidos %>
</ label>
</ div>
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kokolegorille
The problem You describe is related to frontend.
In frontend, JS can help You get a little bit reactive. Such as reacting to change events.
the link between code and type is not really clear, it could be having a lot of possibilities, to something that is limited. eg. select country from country_code.
In case of limited set, it might be better to load full data to client. This allow reactive change without data call.
If it is too costly to send all data, You would need to do ajax call, fetch call or websocket call, This way You will receive data from server, and You will incorporate those data with DOM manipulation.
Your solution lies in JS, or Drab
Some possibilities…
But if You want to keep it simple, You can try with Vanilla JS.