code
What I want to know is whether I can use elixir to build a load balancer that receives the requests of the user and then sends a messages to the processes that handles the users in order to know which one is the least busy, and depending on the result, the load balancer(which is a process itself) redirects the user and in the process eliminating third party load balancers such as nginx.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Exadra37
To me the title and the description of your topic are not in sync.
To me configuring a server to run an application is different from putting a load balancer in front of the application, but I may be wrong.
You may want to explain with more detail what you are trying to achieve. To me it looks that you are asking how to create an Elixir load balancer that is able to balance requests between nodes in a distributed application. Am I correct?
code
Thanks for pointing out the confusion, gonna edit the post.
What I want to know is whether I can use elixir to build a load balancer that receives the requests of the user and then sends a messages to the processes that handles the users in order to know which one is the least busy, and depending on the result, the load balancer(which is a process itself) redirects the user and in the process eliminating third party load balancers such as nginx.
hauleth
You can, however depending on your needs Elixir may be not the best choice for such low-level infrastructure component as it may introduce too much latency. In general such adaptive load balancing isn’t common, as it is often much quicker to use simpler strategy for load balancing (least recently used, RR, random, etc.). The reason for that is that defining “least busy” is quite complex task on it’s own.
Exadra37
I wondered that myself several times and never took the time to do a deep research, but I know some exist already, like:
https://github.com/Charlyzzz/Adrestia
(not maintained)
You can also read this chapter to have more insights on what you want: