dimitrije
Hi all, I am also using zed for about a month now.
There is something that I find missing on zed(or I do not know how to enable it), it is the function/variable signature for elixir.
Do you know how I can configure this ?
Here are the examples from VSCode and Zed
VSCode:
Zed:
Also, it would be useful if you point me how to explore options for settings in zed.
BTW: This is also happening with JS, no signature/type on autocomplete.
Thanks all !
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex












Showing Posts 2 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitrije
Thanks for the answer.
Actually the pop-up and autocomplete for standard modules(Enum, File, Stream..etc) are working, I was thinking in terms of my own functions and modules I wrote, that is my issue, I cannot determine what is a function in module and what is a variable in current function.
Also my view is not the same as yours, which is the same in VSCode for me. I just see short description, not the whole as in your case.
Also the .elixir_ls dir in root project is present. When I delete the dir, it gets shown in matter of seconds, so I assume the language server is working.
My question was how I can fine tune the language server.
Do I need to explicitly install elixir-ls?
I am using the erlang and elixir installation trough asdf.
I do not have any custom settings for elixir-ls, just using out of the box, but I would like to configure it a bit.
Thanks again!
Eiji
It’s not perfect, but should work out-of-box already, see:
Make sure that:
zedis up to date (usegit pullto get latestzedversion when building from source)zedinreleasemode (usecargo run --release)The default comment at the top of the settings file should say everything. If you have no idea how to quickly open settings the take a look at the caret menu in top-right corner, see:
Since
zedofficially supports onlyMacand other OS/distribution support is in-progress it’s not so easy to get help from non-Mac users. It’s not like that everyone works on unstable software in production.Fortunately there is a
Collab Panelbutton in bottom-left corner, see:The chat should now be located in right dock!
@AstonJ Could you please split question and my answer posts into Questions & Help section?