KaitakuShiba

KaitakuShiba

I am learning with elixir: 1.9.1 and Phoenix: 1.4.9.
Phoenix: 1.4.0 ~ recognizes that the front build tool has changed from Brunch to Webpack.
However, brunch-config.js is still in the file generated by phoenix new.
There is something I want to check here.

What you want to check

Will you still use brunch-config.js? For example, when installing sass-brunch with 1.3.0, it seems that the setting is written to npm install-> brunch-config.js, but after 1.4.0, brunch-config.js should not be used basically. Is not it?
2. According to How to use SASS / SCSS with Webpack in Phoenix 1.4,
It is written that the setting is written in assets / webpack.config.js, but there is no such file in the generated file. Will this be created by yourself if necessary?

Thanks.

reference

How to use SASS / SCSS with Webpack in Phoenix 1.4

Phoenix 1.3 to 1.4-Migrating from Brunch to Webpack

Showing Posts 1 to 4

jola

jola

You’re using an old version of phx_new, which is why you get the old template.

Use mix archive.install hex phx_new to upgrade to the latest version of the generator, and then try mix phx.new again, you shouldn’t get any brunch files.

KaitakuShiba

KaitakuShiba OP

Thank you for reply.
I thought I use mix archive.install hex phx_new on Docker..

  • Dockerfile
FROM elixir:1.9.1

RUN curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | bash \
  && apt-get install -y nodejs

RUN npm install npm@latest -g

RUN mix local.hex --force && \
  mix archive.install hex phx_new 1.4.9 --force && \
  mix local.rebar --force && \
  mix archive.install https://github.com/phoenixframework/archives/raw/master/phx_new.ez --force

RUN apt-get install -y inotify-tools

WORKDIR /app
  • command
$ docker-compose run web mix phoenix.new APPNAME
NobbZ

NobbZ

Do not use phoenix.new its a legacy task and will eventually be removed. Please use phx.new.

KaitakuShiba

KaitakuShiba OP

I’m sorry for the mistake.
The problem was solved.
Thank you for your supports.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews