koolquark

koolquark

Hi, how to convert a list like this to nested map in elixir ?

[
  {"_id", "idhere"},
  {"App-Version", "version_here"},
  {"TX-ID", "tx-id-here"},
  {"Method", "method-here"},
  {"Body",
   {[
      {"Identification",
       [
         {"A", "A-Val"},
         {"B", "B-Val"},
         {"C", "C-Val"},
         {"D", "D-Val"}
       ]},
      {"CurrentTime", "2023-02-23T16:40:13+05:30"},
      {"Names", ["Name1", "Name2"]}
    ]}}
]

Showing Posts 1 to 4

andreaseriksson

andreaseriksson

I would do it something like this:

  def transform([{_, _}|_] = list) do
    Enum.reduce(list, %{}, fn {key, val}, map ->
      Map.put(map, key, transform(val))
    end)
  end
  def transform({[{_, _}|_] = list}), do: transform(list)

  def transform(val), do: val

And then call it with just

transform/1

And the result would be something like:

%{
  "App-Version" => "version_here",
  "Body" => %{
    "CurrentTime" => "2023-02-23T16:40:13+05:30",
    "Identification" => %{
      "A" => "A-Val",
      "B" => "B-Val",
      "C" => "C-Val",
      "D" => "D-Val"
    },
    "Names" => ["Name1", "Name2"]
  },
  "Method" => "method-here",
  "TX-ID" => "tx-id-here",
  "_id" => "idhere"
}
koolquark

koolquark OP

Thanks, solution is concise

hlx

hlx

May I offer an alternative:

def transform([_ | _] = list) do
  Map.new(list, fn
    {k, [{_, _} | _] = v} -> {k, transform(v)}
    {k, {[_ | _] = v}} -> {k, transform(v)}
    {k, v} -> {k, v}
  end)
end
koolquark

koolquark OP

Map.new with fn method is more concise . Thanks
I tried this initially, but didn’t complete successfully.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews