shahryarjb
Hello, I try to create a custom macro to implement some functions and structure I need in my project and my goal is to make a custom tools which is created by macro.
Please see my macro
delete_list_item(:roles, DeleteErrorComponent, false, do: fn x ->
IO.inspect(x)
end, before: fn x -> IO.inspect(x) end)
This Syntax is not good for me and I need a macro like this:
admin_ui delete_list_item(:roles, DeleteErrorComponent, false) do
call_function1
call_function2
call_function3
or a block code
before
call_function1
call_function2
call_function3
or a block code
end
My problems
- I couldn’t run all functions, then I use anonymous function.
- I couldn’t create a starter like
admin_uilikedef macro (def somthing) - I should write a comma to run
beforebut I need this like top code
I saw this link: elixir/lib/elixir/lib/kernel.ex at v1.12.3 · elixir-lang/elixir · GitHub
But I couldn’t understand all of them, I’m trying to figure out how elixir kernel did this
Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
The keywords that introduce block-like constructs (
do,after,else,rescue,catch) are special-cased in the tokenizer:https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/74bfab8ee271e53d24cb0012b5db1e2a931e0470/lib/elixir/src/elixir_tokenizer.erl#L1348-L1351
so adding additional ones like
beforein your example is impossible, short of modifying the language source.