wlminimal

wlminimal

Hi guys!

I have delete button something like this..
ve delete button something like this..

<%= button to: recipient_path(@conn, :delete, recipient.id), method: "delete",  data: [confirm: Are you sure],  class: "btn btn-danger delete-each-button" do %>
 <i class="material-icons icon-button">close</i>Delete
<% end %> 

and as you all know, it shows me a pop up window for confirm. but it is not pretty.
So I want to customize it with sweetalert2 javascript library.
But I don’t know how i can cancel the event and re-trigger the event.

I was doing something like this..

 var buttons = document.querySelectorAll('.delete-each-button');
  if(buttons.length !== 0) {
    buttons.forEach(function(button) {
      button.addEventListener('click', function(e){
        e.preventDefault();
         // sweetalert2 code..
        window.swal({
          title: 'Are you sure?',
          text:  'Remove contacts from Recipients List.',
          showCancelButton: true,
          confirmButtonColor: '#f44336',
          cancelButtonColor:  '#333333',
          confirmButtonText: 'Yes, Delete it!'
        }).then((result) => {
          if(result.value) {
            $(this).trigger('click');
          }
        })
      })
    })
  }

this code didn’t prevent default delete action with e.preventDefault();
How can I do this?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

To change the behaviour of phoenix.js you need to run the latest version (2.12.) of phoenix_html: https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix_html/Phoenix.HTML.Link.html#link/2-overriding-the-default-confirm-behaviour

wlminimal

wlminimal OP

Thanks for the link and I read it but I don’t understand very well..

I re-write javascript like this..

var buttons = document.querySelectorAll('.delete-each-button');
if(buttons.length !== 0) {
  buttons.forEach(function(button) {
    button.addEventListener('phoenix.link.click', function (e) {
      e.stopPropagation();
      console.log("Hello!");
      window.swal({
        title: 'Are you sure?',
        text:  'Remove contacts from Recipients List.',
        showCancelButton: true,
        confirmButtonColor: '#f44336',
        cancelButtonColor:  '#333333',
        confirmButtonText: 'Yes, Delete it!'
      }).then((result) => {
        if(result.value) {
         // $(this).trigger('click');
        }
      })
      
    }, false);
  })
}

I am expecting stop default behaviour from this code e.stopPropagation(); as doc says.
But when I click delete button, it shows new pop up window from my code, but it executes right after.
it doens’t my answer… hmm

what am I missing?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews