Vovchikan

Vovchikan

I’m trying to impelent GraphQL API in my project. I’m new in GraphQL, only read one article. I don’t understand how to convert :map field from Ecto.Schema to Types for GraphQL Schema. How i can declare field :locales in Absinthe.Schema.Notation.object/3?

My Ecto.Schema is

defmodule Msg
  @primary_key {:id, MsgidType, autogenerate: false}
  typed_schema "messages" do
    field(:text, :string)
    field(:domain, :string)
    field(:locales, :map, default: %{})

    timestamps()
  end
end

Example of %Msg{}

 %Msg{
    id: "test_update_msg_id",
    text: "Update test",
    domain: "test",
    locales: %{
      "en" => "Check update",
      "ru" => "Proverka update",
      "uz" => "Imtihon update"
    }
  }

My Absinthe.Schema.Notation

  @desc "Message for sms and ussd"
  object :message do
    field(:id, non_null(:string), description: "Hardcoded id")
    field(:text, non_null(:string), description: "Default text")
    field(:domain, :string)
    field(:locales, ???)
  end

Showing Posts 1 to 1

Vovchikan

Vovchikan OP

Solution - Scalar Recipes · absinthe-graphql/absinthe Wiki · GitHub

Usage

defmodule MyApp.Schema.Types do
  use Absinthe.Schema.Notation
  ...
  import_types(MyApp.Schema.Types.Custom.JSON)

  @desc "Message for sms and ussd"
  object :message do
    field(:id, non_null(:string), description: "Hardcoded id")
    field(:text, non_null(:string), description: "Default text")
    field(:domain, :string)
    field(:locales, :json)
  end
end

easy :sunglasses:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews