kamaroly
I am facing an issue with filtering across relationships involving multitenant and non-multitenant resources. Here’s my setup:
UserGroup: related to User viaUserGroupPermission: related toGroupviaGroupPermission
All resources are multitenant except User.
Loading related resources is working well but direct filter is not working.
Direct filter uses public schema instead of tenant schema. For the optimization purpose, I want to query DB directly without having to load all data in memory first.
This Does Not Work
require Ash.Query
User
|> Ash.Query.filter(id == ^user.id)
|> Ash.Query.filter(groups.permissions.name == ^action_type)
|> Ash.Query.filter(groups.permissions.resource == ^resource)
|> Ash.exists?(tenant: "company_1", authorize?: false)
It throws (Postgrex.Error) ERROR 42P01 (undefined_table) relation "public.user_groups" does not exist because it is not using the tenant user_groups table.
But This Works
Loading relationship works well.
Ash.read(User, load: [groups: :permissions], tenant: "company_1", authorize?: false)
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
This is a bug. Please open an issue.
kamaroly
I have opened a bug on github: Direct Filtering with Relationships Fails to Respect Tenant Schema When Joining Multitenant and Non Multitenant Resources · Issue #1726 · ash-project/ash · GitHub
zachdaniel
Also make sure this bug still occurs on the latest version of ash, ash_postgres and ash_sql. I will look into it soon.
kamaroly
Thank you for looking into it. The latest versions throws the same error.
zachdaniel
Reproduced and tested in
ash_postgres, fix released in0.2.47ofash_sqlkamaroly
Thank you @zachdaniel. The issue has been resolved.