How to generate a function that rotates the image given an angle?

Hi. I’ve been looking for an image processing library, I want to generate a function that rotates the image given an angle. Moreover, I would use the Beier-Neely Method for image morphing. So, I asked for the best library that could help me get through this. I tried to used Image but I’ve been having problems at loading it.

Thanks! :smiley:

Can you be more specific about the problems you’re having with it?

Image is built off of Vix which in turn is just native bindings for VIPS. I would try and sort out why you can’t get Image running. Then if it doesn’t suit your needs, you can drop down to Vix which has the full power of VIPS. And if you happen to make any progress, contributing a function back into Image would be great! :smiley:

I have this error

(elixir_make 0.8.3) lib/elixir_make/compiler.ex:82: ElixirMake.Compiler.make/2
(elixir_make 0.8.3) lib/elixir_make/compiler.ex:53: ElixirMake.Compiler.compile/1
(mix 1.16.0) lib/mix/task.ex:478: anonymous fn/3 in Mix.Task.run_task/5
(mix 1.16.0) lib/mix/tasks/compile.all.ex:124: Mix.Tasks.Compile.All.run_compiler/2
(mix 1.16.0) lib/mix/tasks/compile.all.ex:104: Mix.Tasks.Compile.All.compile/4
(mix 1.16.0) lib/mix/tasks/compile.all.ex:93: Mix.Tasks.Compile.All.with_logger_app/2

could not compile dependency :vix, “mix compile” failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with “mix deps.compile vix --force”, update it with “mix deps.update vix” or clean it with “mix deps.clean vix”
==> images
** (Mix) “nmake” not found in the path. If you have set the MAKE environment variable, please make sure it is correct.

Sorry you’re having issues. First off, what OS are you working with? If it’s Windows then I think Vix does t support windows so that would be a show-stopper. If it’s MacOS or Linux then we can work out why you’re having issues.

Hmmm, no mention of Windows in the Vix readme so perhaps it does support windows. @akash-akya, is that correct?

Vix dose not natively support Windows at the moment. You can still use it using WSL though.

Windows support issue is pending from some time now. I have to port POSIX based C code to windows API for that, which is bit tricky because there is no one-to-one mapping between these APIs and I don’t have a windows machine to properly test it.

I’m using windows. I think that Vix is not supported on Windows.