ddoronin
Hey folks! I’m trying to find a library to generate swagger/openapi specification based on elixir code (typed structs or type definitions). Unfortunately I can’t find anything…
I’m new in elixir and phoenix. I want to generate swagger/openapi describing REST API. This should be a common problem, I’m wondering how others tackle it.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
daskycodes
Hey @ddoronin
Take a look at GitHub - open-api-spex/open_api_spex: Open API Specifications for Elixir Plug applications · GitHub
ityonemo
if you’re willing to wait a few weeks, my company is releasing an open-source framework for OpenAPI that takes a document-centric view (it uses the OpenAPI schema as a central source of truth and there are no additional DSLs to learn).
We just pushed it to a private repo for one release worth of validating in prod before fully open sourcing it.
Note that this is not exactly what you are working for, it’s more like how Go and C# developers do it… But I’m convinced that going from the schema to code is the “correct way” of doing things, instead of going from code (comments, annotations, etc) to schema.
ddoronin
@ityonemo I agree that the schema to code approach is better, because documentation/schema becomes a single source of truth for both back-end and front-end! I would love to see your solution! Feel free to publish a link to your library here, or DM me https://www.linkedin.com/in/ddoronin/
ityonemo
I’ll post it here in addition to a general announcement on the board.
ddoronin
@ityonemo any updates about your OpenAPI framework??
ityonemo
As far as I’m concerned it’s ready, but my now former boss has to approve some licensing things, I think. It’s in his best interest to do it, because I imagine he’ll get free support on the library if he open-sources it
.
Lithaldoryn
I’m also really hyped for something like this to be open sourced and would love to work on it !
Any news @ityonemo ?
ityonemo
So I kept trying to contact my former boss but he said nothing, so I’ll have to rewrite it. There will be some news on this front soon.
Exadra37
@ityonemo any news one it?
Let me know if you need help with testing it.
ityonemo
the JsonSchema parsing major refactor is done, though I’m doing one more re-refactor presently =D, and the OpenAPI compiler is in progress here: GitHub - E-xyza/Apical: OpenAPI Compiler for Elixir · GitHub
The OpenAPI parts are going MUCH smoother than I expected, I’m currently working on marshalling query params, which is one of the harder ones to get correct, the general strategy should apply to headers, cookies, body params, etc.