bahner

bahner

I am wanting to connect to the libp2p swarm, but I have no idea where to start. The erlang-libp2p documentation is virtually non-existing. In the docs there isnæt any start_node or connect commands I can make sense of.

Has anyone here any n00b accessible info on this library? The Helium erlang-libp2p is referenced from the libp2p website as yellow, meaning in progress/usable. But i can find absolutely no info on how to get started. It’s not in hex.pm, but some of the support libraries are.

Feel free to chip in and get a little discussion started. I’m completely at an impasse.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

mtdk

mtdk

Hello - did you ever solve this ? I am basically at the same point in my current project. I need to find a suitable p2plib - and want to use erlang/elixir. One could revert to using Rust with Rustler, but then all the erlang-vm advantages will be gone.

bahner

bahner OP

I gave up on doing it with erlang/elixir, but I found that go has a pretty erlang node library. So I’ve created the libp2p functionality in go. https://github.com/bahner/go-space
Don’t use that, but do look at it. It works really well. I’m just changing it every other week at the moment. You could fork and use a skeleton.
This way I can easily call libp2p functions as a remote genserver from elixir.

If we can gather a group of people to develop the libp2p library, I’m game - but I can’t take responsibility for any more libraries at the present time.

If you just want IPFS/IPNS/IPLD functionality, then I maintain these libraries:

https://hex.pm/packages/ex_ipfs

I intend to keep them up2date.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Kind regards,
bahner

tor. 26. okt. 2023 kl. 14:20 skrev mtdk via Elixir Programming Language Forum <noreply@forum.elixirforum.com>:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews