Cruz
Hello Everyone,
I’ve learned that I can use ETS tables as a basic cache mechanism to expedite data queries in Elixir and Phoenix. And, other more advanced solutions (CacheX, ConCache) use ETS under the hood. However, what about if I’m using Absinthe to build a GraphQL API? None of the tutorials I’ve seen talk about caching. They just show you how to connect Absinthe to Ecto and a database.
Is there a way to tell Absinthe to read from ETS, or another cache? Should I use one of Absinthe plugins to help me with that?
Please notice that I’d like to be able to load specific data in memory. So, even if Absinthe has some kind of internal cache, that won’t help in this case.
Thank you
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
idi527
I’d probably load from cache in the resolver and/or in the “context”. I’m not sure it would be any different if there wasn’t absinthe/graphql. Dataloader could also probably be used with a (maybe custom) cache “source”.
Cruz
I see. I was associating revolvers to only mutations. You’re saying I can use them to specify the source of data for a query. Correct?
idi527
Including that, yes. Resolvers “resolve” the query to data, so they can do almost anything they want. Akin to a controller action in phoenix.
Cruz
OK. I definitely need to read my copy of “Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe”
Thank you
Cruz
That is what I was thinking when I mentioned plugins before. Especially Dataloader.KV seems like a perfect match for ETS, but after recognizing resolvers can read from cache as well, that seems like an easier solution