VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot

I am trying to upload information into the system from excel files
. i can’t make out most of the things ive read online

Showing Posts 1 to 2

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Let’s start with what have you tried, what do you want to import, and an example Excel file?

patrickdm

patrickdm

Hello Vincent,

I’ve used Xlsxir — Xlsxir v1.6.4 to parse excel files and store their rows as database records.

Here is a maybe oversimplified example of its usage, hth:

defmodule MyApp.Utils.ImportXlsx do
  def import_xlsx(input_xlsx) do
    with {:ok, table_id} <- Xlsxir.multi_extract(input_xlsx, 0),
         :ok <-
           Xlsxir.get_list(table_id)
           |> List.delete_at(0) # to remove header's row
           |> insert_records() do
      Xlsxir.close(table_id)
    else
      {:error, reason} -> {:error, reason}
    end
  end

  defp insert_records([]), do: :ok

  defp insert_records([r | rs]) do
    {:ok, _} =
      MyApp.MyContext.create_record(%{
        field1: Enum.at(r, 0),
        field2: Enum.at(r, 1),
        field3: Enum.at(r, 2)
      })

    insert_records(rs)
  end
end
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews