henriquesati
I’m trying to stablish a long term node process using Port, but the gen server crashs saying
erlang.erl:4716: :erlang.open_port({:spawn, "ts-node c:/Users/pedri/Desktop/ashandphoenix/assets/js/pixparser.ts"}, [:binary, :exit_status])
(testespay 0.1.0) lib/testespay/genservers/nodepix_processor.ex:17: Testespay.Genservers.NodepixProcessor.init/1
I’m able to open the process using {:spawn, "cmd /c ts-node.cmd #{@node_script_path}"}, on my init callback, but the process doesnt receive any messages, so i dont know if some logic is wrong on my gen server, or opening the process with this command blocks the connection in some way
full code:
defmodule Testespay.Genservers.NodepixProcessor do
require Logger
use GenServer
@node_script_path Path.join([File.cwd!(), "assets", "js", "pixparser.ts"])
def start_link(opts \\ []) do
GenServer.start_link(__MODULE__, opts, name: __MODULE__)
end
def parse_pix(payload) do
GenServer.call(__MODULE__, {:parse_pix, payload})
end
def init(_opts) do
# Remova a chamada System.cmd desnecessária
Logger.debug(@node_script_path)
port = Port.open(
{:spawn, "cmd /c ts-node.cmd #{@node_script_path}"},
[:binary, :exit_status]
)
{:ok, %{port: port, buffer: "", current_ref: nil}}
end
def handle_call({:parse_pix, payload}, from, state) do
# Envia o payload para o processo Node
Port.command(state.port, "#{Jason.encode!(payload)}\n")
{:noreply, %{state | current_ref: from}}
end
def handle_info({port, {:data, data}}, %{port: port, buffer: buffer} = state) do
new_buffer = buffer <> data
case String.split(new_buffer, "\n", parts: 2) do
[message, rest] ->
handle_node_message(message, state)
{:noreply, %{state | buffer: rest}}
_ ->
{:noreply, %{state | buffer: new_buffer}}
end
end
defp handle_node_message("READY", _state), do: :ok # Ignora a mensagem de inicialização
defp handle_node_message(message, %{current_ref: current_ref} = state) do
case Jason.decode(message) do
{:ok, %{"status" => "success"} = response} ->
GenServer.reply(current_ref, {:ok, response})
{:ok, %{"status" => "error"} = error} ->
GenServer.reply(current_ref, {:error, error})
_ ->
GenServer.reply(current_ref, {:error, :invalid_response})
end
end
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex









