Gupta
hi,
I want to work on image processing using elixir and as of now I come to know about Evision library which is used for image processing and is based on OpenCV.
But how to install it and and how to get started with it i dont know.
and where i can get some material about the syantx and the features of Evision with elixir.
can anyone tell me the whole process?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
soup
Did you try the installation instructions?
kokolegorille
Well, what did You try?
There seems to be a lot of people wanting to use eVision… all with the same question.
hauleth
Because of https://portal.e-yantra.org/
Gupta
I went through this installation and did the first two steps
which are : $ mix new my_app
and : Then you can add evision as dependency in your mix.exs.
so after doing this i got this :
: also Added this thing in mix.exs
and after this i am not able to understand to process of installation
soup
You need to get the dependencies. See this section of the getting started guide: External Dependencies. Make sure you run this from the same directory that contains the
mix.exsfile.dimitarvp
Did you go through the official Mix tutorial?
derek-zhou
Very interesting idea. However, if it is a prized and timed limited competition, then shouldn’t all external help considered cheating? Imagine someone at the chess tournament and bring out their phone to consult an engine …
Gupta
actually after going through the link i was only able to understand some part most of the part was going over head,
but I again tried to understand it but but didnt getting it.
what i did isn’t enough or I have to do somthing more complicated things?
Running normal scripts of elixir on vs code is easy but
what i just need is to install Evision library and use it in a script.
kokolegorille
There is a huge cheating scandal in chess at the moment
derek-zhou
I know, it is part of the reason I brought it up. It is one thing to help people with their work related problem; although there is money involved, at least no one is being disadvantaged. However, if this is a competition, and there are honest people spending time learning all the stuff from publicly available resource, yet someone asked the person who knows and gain an advantage, that is not fair.