ariandanim

ariandanim

Dear all,

I would like to make my SAAS aplication using only single login for every user email, I mean when they try to access using same email in another pc/laptop/mac they unable make it happen, it means like this scenario :

  1. PC A user A try to login (success)
  2. PC B user A try to login but make it unable login (they need to login again, but in PC A the user is log off/sign out)

Most Liked

psantos

psantos

Hi

Assuming you are using mix phx.gen.auth, a users_tokens table (Schema) is created. You can change it so that, when a user tries to login, to check this table is there is already a token for him. If yes, you can destroy it.

If you are not using phx.gen.auth, you can just follow the same strategy. Create a table to keep your users sessions, every time a user tries to login, check from this table if an existing session exist for this user.

psantos

psantos

Not sure what you mean. Which part of it would you like me to write?

For me, its not about the code. Its about the logic. And the logic is there. Persist the user session, when a user tries to login from different device ou web client, delete the previous persisted session.

Kinsua

Kinsua

And what do you do when they forget their password? You need email anyway to send them their new password or link to reset password. Or you can use an SMS or an external app, but given your problem with sharing emails, I doubt that mobile phone are not shared by many people as well ;D.

But if it’s like an intranet type of thing. For example, students that login with their IDs or some student card ID and some password you/department of the school or library or oganisation give them, why not. But then it would be best to implement it from scratch and forget the whole sending email and reseting thing altogether and the admin of that intranet website would be doing that manually or something when they reach for him or something.

Last Post!

arcyfelix

arcyfelix

Then adapt it to use whatever you want to use.
As I said, the generated files are a good starting point, not a “fits-all” solution.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews