aiwaiwa
I’m trying to make a exs script that would execute a couple of mix phx.gen.live, however at some point, mix generator asks for a confirmation:
The fact two entities are related in the database does not mean they belong to the same context.
If you are not sure, prefer creating a new context over adding to the existing one.
Would you like to proceed? [Yn] Y
And this is where it’s actually stuck and not proceeding to accept the input. I’m using my wrapper to execute commands via cmd /c under Windows.
def cmd([_ | _] = what, options \\ []) do
{cmd, args, options} =
case :os.type() do
{:win32, _} ->
{"cmd", ["/c"] ++ what, options}
# _os_name
# ------------
# :darwin
# ...
{:unix, _os_name} ->
[head | tail] = what
{head, tail, options}
end
stream = IO.binstream(:stdio, :line)
options = Keyword.put_new(options, :into, stream)
System.cmd(cmd, args, options)
end
Is there anything else I might be missing?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hst337
You can always use a
Port.openfor these kinds of programsaiwaiwa
Thank you, any chance you’ve got an example of how to handle stdin?
adamu
cmdis not designed streaming input/output. You can use ports, but it’s limited compared to the shell. Releated SO question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74833431/use-an-os-process-like-a-bash-pipe-send-it-stdin-and-get-its-stdoutaiwaiwa
Thank you, Adam.
I’m assuming I lack
:stdioforwarding as an input to the running process, and I have a feeling Elixir has no solution to this out of the box.