I have project that I started with
escript.build. It worked really well at first, but now the project has matured and I actually need to do a release for it. The main idea here is to create a release so the project can run on multiple OS, like window and unix for example.
However, I am really lost when it comes to this. My project is an umbrela app, and with a CLI for an interface. Right now I am under the impression I would have to:
- change the project so it has GenServers
- Get rid of the CLI interface in favor of Phoenix Live or something alike so the users can interact with the app
- Do a release (not sure how)
I honesty feel overwhelmed, I am not sure if I am thinking right. The project is open sourced if any one has interest:
- what is the simplest step I can take to move my app from an escript to mix release?
- Can I keep the CLI interface or do I need to replace it with something more complex?