pillaiindu

pillaiindu

I use Sublime and VS Code for Elixir and Phoenix development. Both of these editors provide a nice syntax highlighting. But when it comes to the code completion, it’s not very intelligent by using the vscode-elixir package for VS Code and Elixir package for Sublime.
I came across ElixirSense, it looks very promising thing for code completion, but I don’t know if the packages for these two text editors by default use ElixirSense under the hood, or I will need to manually configure it and setup ElixirSense for it.
BTW ElixirSense needs to be run manually as elixir run.exs socket_type port env as mentioned on it’s github repo. But I don’t know how in that case will sublime or VS Code detect it.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

chulkilee

chulkilee

Check out ElixirLS: ElixirLS - the Elixir Language Server

I really like the idea of LanguageServer - and atom is already taking advantage of it. The author of ElixirLS said he is working with Elixir core tem (see the link).

Don’t know the current status, but Elixir 1.6 seems to make this happen, probably with code formatter. I guess both need supports from Elixir compiler.

krapans

krapans

As far as I see, then vscode-elixir packages are integrated with an ElixirSense project.

Autocomplete

Autocomplete/Intellisense is implemented using the wonderful ElixirSense project. For the auto complete to work properly, you will have to recompile your source code from time to time (using mix compile) for it to pick up the latest changes to your source code.

If your are having issues with the new implmentation you can switch back to the old one (alchemist server) by setting the property elixir.useElixirSense to false

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
peck
Hi everyone. My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews