addstar
Noob question, how do I set the default decimal precision in phoenix?
I can see from the Decimal docs I need to run D.Context.set(%D.Context{D.Context.get() | precision: 48}) but where do I set this so when I run mix phx.server or iex -S mix it’s already set?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kip
You could add it to the
start/2function of yourApplicationmodule. For example:al2o3cr
Decimal.Context.get/setare a trivial wrapper over an entry in the process dictionary:https://github.com/ericmj/decimal/blob/68633fc6651456b80cfee349ef96be0000449468/lib/decimal/context.ex#L101-L115
so AFAIK there’s not a “global” place to change them.
addstar
Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to work. @al2o3cr might be right and there might not be a global place to set it
kip
There is no global place to set it, it needs to be set in each process where you want it to be in affect. So if you’re talking about a Phoenix app (which you are I see from above), then you’ll need to set it in each request (as a plug would make sense). And then in each other process like liveview processes.
al2o3cr
The flipside of setting the context being really cheap: it’s fine to do it frequently, close to the code that depends on specific settings.
Setting it close to the calculation also avoids gotchas where code runs in another process unexpectedly; for instance,
Cachex.fetchruns the supplied fallback function in an internal process, NOT the caller’s process.