krayder
Hello, im trying to connect websocket for using absinthe subscriptions, but i have a error in google chrome because of this header “Sec-WebSocket-Protocol”. There some way to pass a list of protocols in phoenix framework?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
entone
What is the error?
I didn’t think GraphQL subscriptions had a specific protocol they used.
entone
There’s no mention of it here, subscriptions-transport-ws/PROTOCOL.md at master · apollographql/subscriptions-transport-ws · GitHub
krayder
i had this error on connect using Chrome: “Error during WebSocket handshake: Sent non-empty ‘Sec-WebSocket-Protocol’ header but no response was received”
entone
That is on the client side? What JS client are you using to connect?
krayder
We use Apollo-Link-Ws. I did some research and the chrome navigator use this “Sec-WebSocket-Protocol" to make a handshake with back-end, but back-end needs the same protocol in the list to make this. The same config works on firefox with no errors.
entone
I’ve always just used Cowboy, which makes it simple enough to add custom headers to the socket. From some previous posts, I don’t think Phoenix exposes this functionality unfortunately.
krayder
This is bad
I think there is no way to do that, tanks dude!
entone
It does appear that you can provide custom protocols to the Apollo Link client, subscriptions-transport-ws/src/test/tests.ts at cf3f492f93aa1df812f630327dc5eea33999fb71 · apollographql/subscriptions-transport-ws · GitHub
Maybe you can override the defaults to pass nothing, or whatever the Phoenix Channels are sending back.
chrismccord
Check the
e class="onebox allowlistedgeneric" data-onebox-src="https://phoenix.hexdocs.pm/Phoenix.Endpoint.html">subprotocolssection of endpoint websocket docs:Phoenix.Endpoint — Phoenix v1.8.8
krayder
Ah cool! I tried this and it works here.
I put this on my endpoint.ex:
Thank you very much for help guys!!!