tomwang57
I set up the redis adapter according to the doc and deployed it to Heroku where we have 2 dynos running like(I think all dynos start with the same cmd):
elixir --sname server -S mix phx.server
I didn’t set the node_name manually to let it pick the one of --sname:
{Phoenix.PubSub,
adapter: Phoenix.PubSub.Redis,
url: System.get_env("REDIS_URL"),
name: WebInterface.PubSub},
But it didn’t work: messages still not sync between nodes. So am i missing something? Must the node_name be unique for all the dynos/nodes?
Trending in Proposals: Ideas
I recently learned about this API and was surprised there’s no explicit support for it in the the Phoenix.
Example use cases:
A webs...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mwhitworth
Sadly this is not possible unless you use Private Spaces. Dynos are strictly firewalled off from each other
tomwang57
I know we can’t use build-in distributed elixir for pubsub, so according to the doc, we can use redis instead. So it is supposed to work.
mwhitworth
Quite right. My mistake.
My suspicion would be that the sname is not unique for each node (e.g. 127.0.0.1 is often chosen as the host in these scenarios), as you hint at - if you query it for the process on a random dyno, what does it return?
tomwang57
Sorry, my fault. The there was some problem about the redis connection with ssl. After fixing it, it worked.