eddy147

eddy147

I am trying to have a proper setup for Elixir in doom emacs.
I have code completion with LSP, the next thing I would like to have is the help of yasnippets.
But I have no clue how to set it up, nor can I find any documentation online about it, specifically doom-emacs and elixir-yasnippets.
I do not know how to install it: I have enabled snippets in init.el, and installed elixir-yasnippets with M-x package install.
But when I create a new module, or a new function, I do not know how to invoke the snippets, or do I have to create snippets first, and again I can not find any documentation about it.

Thanks for your help.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

MarkusSagen

MarkusSagen

@eddy147 Generally, you are more likely to find users that can help with Doom Emacs for Elixir in the Doom Discord than Elixir users that also uses Doom Emacs.

To enable snippets in Doom Emacs, you can in your init.el file uncomment the snippets-section.
To add your own yasnippets, there are multiple ways of doing this, but here is one example.
In your config.el, add:

(setq yas-snippet-dirs (append yas-snippet-dirs
                               '("~/.doom.d/snippets"))) ;; replace with your folder for snippets

Sync your configs and you can now create new snippets with M-x yas-new-snippet (keybound to C-c & C-n). Save the snippet with C-c C-c and type: elixir-mode.

Now you will have a new folder with snippets that can be found in the Elixir major mode.
Enabling snippets will give the added benefit of adding all the snippets from Doom-snippets.

For more info I would recommend this page and these two videos:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews