smahi

smahi

Hi,
I am using the following docker-compose.yaml to deploy my app, but could not figure out how to mount a volume for storing the uploaded files, because when checking the release folder i see ./lib/my-app-0.1.0/priv/static/uploads, any time the app version changes the path changes.
How to deal with this situation? or is there a better way?
Please help

version: '3.6'

services:
  db:
    image: "postgres:15-alpine"
    restart: always
    environment:
      POSTGRES_USER: xxx
      POSTGRES_PASSWORD: yyy
    volumes:
      - "~/.pgdata:/var/lib/postgresql/data"
    ports:
      - "5432:5432"

  app:
    build: 
      context: .
    ports:
      - 4000:4000
    depends_on:
      - db
    restart: always
    environment:
      DATABASE_URL: "ecto://xxxxx" 
      SECRET_KEY_BASE: "5hxxxxni"

Showing Posts 1 to 3

trisolaran

trisolaran

How about mounting a volume at some fixed location (such as /uploads) and have your app store files there?

smahi

smahi OP

I will try it, then let you know

smahi

smahi OP

It works
This is what I have done

# endpoint.ex

  plug Plug.Static,
    at: "/uploads",
    from: Application.compile_env(:my_app, :uploads_dir),
    gzip: false


# config/config.exs
config :my_app,
  ecto_repos: [MyApp.Repo],
  uploads_dir: "/uploads"
# Dockerfile
# changes made to the file

WORKDIR "/app"
#  to fix permission denied, I use UID, and GID of the host
RUN chown ${UID}:${GID} /app

#  to fix permission denied
USER ${UID}
# docker-compose.yaml

app:
    build: 
      context: .
 # ... other fields
    volumes:
      - "~/apps/my-app/uploads:/uploads"
#... other fields ...
      

@trisolaran Thank you so much for your help.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews