woohaaha

woohaaha

Hi all,

I have an app with a Vue frontend and Absinthe handling Queries and Mutations.

I’d like the frontend to offer a [confirm email] link where the user clicks on it, and it then triggers an email to be sent to that user. I think this is a typical workflow.

Actions flow:
User clicks on [Confirm Email] → VueJs sends a Graphql message → Absinthe Schema identifies Resolver → Resolver calls into Phoenix context → send_confirm_email(current_user) context function is called.

I’m using Graphql and I was assuming I would need to create an input_object with a field on it. Giving it more thought, there’s nothing I need to send with this message. The current user is saved on the backend so no need to send current_user.id or anything like that.

My questions are:

  1. Do I use a Query or a Mutation in GraphQL to trigger this confirm email workflow?
  2. If it is a mutation, how would I structure the input_object since there’s no payload I’d need to send.

Thank you

Showing Posts 1 to 1

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Any time you are making something “happen” in the system, it is a mutation. This remains true even if there is no particular payload. Mutations are not required to have arguments, so this isn’t really an issue.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews