darrell-d
If I have a MapSet in the form:
#MapSet <[
%{
author: 1234,
comments: [
%Other.Module {
body: "I WANT TO UPDATE THIS",
other_key: 123,
...
}
],
other_key: 234,
...
}
]>
How can I update the body?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kokolegorille
You have a mapset, that contains a map, that contains a list, with a struct You want to transform…
You should tell how You get this data, because it’s probably easier to treat this when it is build.
You should start by knowing how to procede with this simple transformation, then later You could decompose the more complex structure.
benwilson512
Can you elaborate on your use of MapSets? Updating inner items isn’t a particularly normal access pattern.
kip
Since the MapSet type is opaque I think you probably should be creating a new MapSet, not trying to mutate an existing one. The type is:
NobbZ
Even though the
MapSets structure is opaque and has to be treated unknown, we canAccessit or useEnum.So the main question is probably, which of the potentially many bodies in such a set should be changed? If it’s only one, then
put_in/get_inare probably of help, if it’s all,Enum.map.al2o3cr
I recommend using the MapSet public API: remove the target item from the MapSet with
MapSet.delete/2followed byMapSet.put/2with the updated value.darrell-d
You’re right. After digging around the source a bit more I came to find where the map was being created and found it far easier to just modify it from the starting point.