adrian

adrian

Hi,

I want to use an http client on the device, but I can’t figure out how to do it. It looks like :inets is not available when I connect to the device via ssh. Also I try to run Nerves.Utils.HTTPClient.start_link() but the module is not there, even though it’s on the nerves source code.

I’ve been looking in the documentation but I found nothing related to this. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Showing Posts 1 to 2

fhunleth

fhunleth

Co-author of Nerves

Nerves uses OTP releases when creating target images. This means that the Erlang runtime is trimmed down on the Raspberry Pi 3. To use :inets, include in your mix.exs’s :extra_applications list. You probably have :logger and :runtime_tools in that list already.

The nerves project (the one that you found with Nerves.Utils.HTTPClient is only tooling. None of the code actually runs on the Raspberry Pi 3. It can get to :inets since it’s available from your laptop’s Erlang installation.

adrian

adrian OP

Oh, I understand thanks!

This is very helpful, I haven’t found this on the documentation.

I’m enjoying more and more with nerves :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews