lugomateo
I seem to be missing something crucial/basic when requesting info regarding my Amazon Timestream tables.
When I run ExAws.Config.new(:timestream) on production, I get (with credentials omitted):
%{
debug_requests: true,
host: nil,
http_client: ExAws.Request.Hackney,
json_codec: Jason,
normalize_path: true,
port: 443,
region: "aws-us-gov-west-1",
require_imds_v2: false,
retries: [max_attempts: 10, base_backoff_in_ms: 10, max_backoff_in_ms: 10000],
scheme: "https://",
}
I removed the credentials for this post but access_key_id, secret_access_key, and security_token do appear so I am led to think configuration might not be the issue.
Then when I test a simple request
ExAws.Timestream.list_databases() |> ExAws.request()
I see the following:
14:01:19.105 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 1
14:01:19.159 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 2
14:01:19.204 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 3
14:01:19.291 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 4
14:01:19.402 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 5
14:01:19.482 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 6
14:01:20.117 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 7
14:01:20.934 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 8
14:01:21.591 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 9
** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: {:error, :nxdomain}
(ex_aws_timestream 0.5.1) lib/ex_aws/operation/endpoint_discovery.ex:32: ExAws.Operation.ExAws.Operation.EndpointDiscovery.handle_endpoint_operation/2
(ex_aws_timestream 0.5.1) lib/ex_aws/operation/endpoint_discovery.ex:19: ExAws.Operation.ExAws.Operation.EndpointDiscovery.perform/2
14:01:26.490 [warning] ExAws: HTTP ERROR: :nxdomain for URL: "https:/" ATTEMPT: 10
In mix.exs I have
{:ex_aws, "~> 2.3.2"},
{:ex_aws_timestream, "~> 0.5.1"},
Any ideas?
Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lugomateo
Found the problem.
Just need to add timestream to the
aws-us-govpartition inendpoints.exsIn the services for…
add…
Then call
ExAws.Timestream.list_databases() |> ExAws.request(region: "us-gov-west-1")to see your databases