abat
Curl works in terminal, browser works as well.
When I start ‘iex -S mix’ and use :httpc or hackney ( HTTPoison) even simplest requests don’t work.
:httpc.request 'https://elixir-lang.org'
{:error,
{:failed_connect,
[{:to_address, {'elixir-lang.org', 443}}, {:inet, [:inet], :nxdomain}]}}
HTTPoison.get("https://elixir-lang.org")
{:error, %HTTPoison.Error{id: nil, reason: :nxdomain}}
Please help.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
What operating system are you on? And does your VPN perhaps require use of a proxy? What kind of VPN? Some VPN clients do a lot more than just creating the tunnel, but apply access rules.
abat
Ubuntu 19.10.
And does your VPN perhaps require use of a proxy?
I don’t know. How do I find out? It’s a openconnect VPN to which I connect using command line and providing username and password.
abat
I am not sure what exactly fixed it but I got it working by changing OS’s network settings.
bottlenecked
Just in case someone else lands here: we’re using Cisco Anyconnect on Windows for connecting to the vpn and there is a known bug that when connected you’re unable to browse pages on your own pc any more. The solution is to disable IPV6 on the network adapter properties and then everything works.
kip
I guess it doesn’t do any form of split tunnelling, even for localhost. Thats not good!