Humble bundle with 19 PragProg books!

This is incredible, thank you for sharing. :heart:

Wish there would be something like this someday for physical books, after so much time on a screen for work… though I can imagine the printing and shipping involved. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Wish there would be something like this someday for physical books, after so much time on a screen for work… though I can imagine the printing and shipping involved.

We don’t print or distribute paper books ourselves, so that would be tricky. We partner with others who handle the printing and worldwide distribution

2 Likes

My download is working now.

4 Likes

Same here!

3 Likes

So happy to hear that downloads are working

4 Likes

I have an e-reader and it’s a pleasure to read books on it, even after a day behind a monitor.

For those having a Kobo: sideload KOReader. It took me a while before I grasped that is “just shows the filesystem structure” but since I am glad with the options it offers.

Examples

• my ‘screensaver’ shows a message with my phone number and kindly asking to return the ereader.
  • you can scroll half a page. Great when a code block and explanation are split.

On topic: have most of the books already. Even worth their full price, this is a no-brainer.

3 Likes

Hi,

Learning Elixir after a small hiatus. Are these books good for beginners? Can anyone recommend them? I am thinking of buying the full 19 books.

3 Likes

Yes, 100%, you won’t regret it! :023:

As a beginner I would recommend starting with Programming Elixir > LFPWE > Programming Ecto > Programming Phoenix :smiley:

Yup e-readers are great - I loved reading on my original Kindle. Now tho, my favourite reading device is the iPad Pro.

I loved my Kindle so much that I bought an Oasis, however it’s a downgrade if reading indoors imo - they have added a thick glass/plastic in between the ink and the surface (for the backlight I think) and my eye keeps focusing on the surface! The iPad display is much nicer. I’ll only use the Kindle outdoors or if I need to carry something light, but for indoors, I feel the iPad Pro is close to perfect (just make sure it is is aeroplane mode to cut down on EMF).

3 Likes

Chiming in to say thank you for the specific recs @AstonJ. Yes, there are some wonderful foundational books in the bundle as well as more technical focus ones.

And it’s for a great cause!

1 Like

Hello all, I have recently checked a Humble Bundle pack that I think is genuinely awesome!

If this pack does not have every Elixir book ever written, then it is damn close. And you pay what you want (minimum of 17.98€ for the biggest pack)!

Being a former customer of Humble Bundle, I think its a good deal.

Let me know what you guys think!

2 Likes

Thank you for supporting our authors and a great charity. Even if you already own some or all of the books, it’s a really worthy donation.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for this offer/gift. I really appreciate it. Our currency is now almost 18 to the US dollar, so it would have been very expensive to buy all those books separately. I also already had two of those books, but it was still worth it. I bought that bundle and one with a bunch of Linux books, so I have many hours of reading to do.

3 Likes