Humble bundle with 19 PragProg books!

There’s a new humble bundle available with 19 books: Humble Tech Book Bundle: Elixir Programming by Pragmatic Programmers (pay what you want and help charity)

Pretty amazing selection in here! I’ve read Programming Phoenix and Programming Ecto which were both fantastic, and have a few of these on my list to read next.

25 Likes

Nice! I’ve got most of them but bought it anyway :003:

I also discovered that I have other books in my account as well, including @ferd’s book-learn-you-some-erlang-for-great-good Totally forgot I had it :lol:

8 Likes

Are you able to download any of them? I’m logged in, but I keep getting “NoSuchKey” errors when i try to download the books…

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Bought it for the few books I don’t have as it seems like a great deal even for just those. Anyone else having a hard time downloading the books though?

3 Likes

I am getting the same issue for epub (pdf’s are downloading fine)…

1 Like

hmm, I’m having the issue for all formats.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m having trouble downloading the books as well. I just made a support ticket with them, I can let you all know when I hear back

5 Likes

I seem to be having better success by right clicking save-as on the individual download links. Bulk download still doesn’t work for me

2 Likes

Thank you for noticing! It’s a great charity and we’re proud to support it. Please help us spread the word

6 Likes

It’s a great cause! I just cross-posted on Devtalk: PragProg Humble Bundle - 4, 10, or 19 Elixir books bundle! - Sales & Offers - Devtalk :023:

If anyone is on Hacker News or Lobsters please post on there too? :hugs:

I used the ‘bulk download’ for epub but only Genetic Algorithms In Elixir downloaded, doing the same for PDFs and they all downloaded :confused:

1 Like

Enough here that I had my eye on anyways that I grabbed the lot. Thanks for posting about it! I don’t I would have noticed otherwise. And thank you to @pragprog for making this available.

2 Likes

I thought im the only one having trouble getting the books :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I sent a message to the Humble team reporting the issues. I hope they get it fixed quickly!

Update from Humble:

“Yes, I’m having the same issue. It most likely requires a very small fix on our end, which the bundle ops team can tackle first thing tomorrow. If you’re responding to your users, please let them know we’ll address as soon as we return to the virtual office in the morning. Thanks”

9 Likes

Bought it :wink:

2 Likes

Are authors getting their share of the profit? I know authors often get paid only a small percentage of the total cost. It would be sad to know the authors are giving up their share without notice. Unless they agreed to do this for charity too.

2 Likes

Hi
Do we have any news about the broken download links of the bundle?

2 Likes

Given they mentioned “first thing tomorrow” and both humble bundle as well as pragprog being US entities I’d suggest waiting a few more hours. It’s still night time/early morning over there.

4 Likes

I’m getting the same error for all of the books in the bundle. I created a ticket (i.e. “request”), but they say that they have an average 10 day wait. I guess we’ll see…

2 Likes

Are authors getting their share of the profit? I know authors often get paid only a small percentage of the total cost. It would be sad to know the authors are giving up their share without notice. Unless they agreed to do this for charity too.

This sale supports our authors as well as Active Minds, yes. So please help spread the word.

Right now, the download issue is a tiny bit of a disaster. I’ve been awake now for about 30 minutes replying to tweets, posts, and emails and I’m worried if I take the time to grab a shower, I’ll never catch up with putting out the fires. :frowning:

6 Likes

Humble wrote last night saying, “If you’re responding to your users, please let them know we’ll address as soon as we return to the virtual office in the morning. Thanks.” Right now it’s just past 7:30AM Pacific

7 Likes