TinyBFG
So I am making a program that sorts out video files in non-video folders and non-video files in video folders and I am done as far as I can tell but I am having issues getting the program over to the client since it uses paths and I have very minimal experience with mac paths. So every time I try to have them test it the tests fail and it is all around the identifies_path_type_and_formats/1 function on line 72. I am new so general help will be appreciated but specifically, I need help getting this to work on mac. I will leave the GitHub link here. You can call it using mix Erovf “type filepath here”
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
easco
Macintosh paths are simply Unix paths. There is not really a significant difference between them. So long as the special characters are escaped properly they should behave like unix.
Do you have examples of paths that are problematic?
easco
I suspect the problem in your test is that it is using:
This is an absolute path that starts at the root of the file system. To make it a relative path you could either drop the leading slash
erovf/testor you could add a “.” at the front./erovf/testI suspect that this is a problematic function:
Which looks like it might be creating absolute paths when you don’t mean to.
For example if my cwd is
/Users/easco/Projects/Elixir/erovfthen ask for the base name:and
formats_basenamewill turn this into/erovfwhich is a folder namederovfat the root of the file system and is no longer related to the current working directory.TinyBFG
Sorry for the late response. The client ran the tests on his system and all of the main function related tests failed, so both identifies_misplaced_files/1 tests failed, in turn both of the mix task(run/1) tests failed (because they essentially just run identifies_misplaced_files/1). On top of that all 3 tests for identifies_path_type_and_formats/1 failed, leading to my question about paths and all probably info I should have included in the initial post so I am sorry for that. I turned “/erovf/test” into “erovf/test” and tossed format_basename/1 for just Path.basename/1 and all of my tests are passing so I am pretty happy with this solution so far. I will ask the client to pull it down one more time and run the tests again and once that happens I will return with good news or bad. Do you think that format_relative_path/1 is problematic at all?