I want to teach some Elixir. Any volunteers to be taught?

I missed the first call, so i made my exercise inspired by grab_elixir. But it did not finish for floki.

First paint point: parenthese struggle & syntax for with/1
Second paint point: how to handle all case nicely in a fn
Third: I test to pass many parameters in a fn with [hd|tail] , i failed

TIL : httpoison, mix test, exdoc,with

I send my first pull request for elixir school french & english (error in deps syntax for generating doc with exdoc)
I don’t know if it will be fixed in all lang…

my repo exo of the day

2 Likes

@denispeplin

When will the next session be?

1 Like

You could show it on the next call.

Today 11:00 UTC. Subscribe to the Telegram channel to get Zoom link.

I’m in. Would love to learn new things.

1 Like

Next time for zoom and linux …

1 Like

Today it didn’t actually happen because nobody appeared for an half of hour.
We had a quick talk with @shijith.k in the end but that’s it.
I’ve attached a group to the Telegram channel so people could actually ping me (it wasn’t possible in the channel).

I have plan to do the sessions two or three times next week, up to 1 hour long. I’ll announce the first day later.

And I’ve fixed the script I’ve created yesterday. Anybody who have problems with the match: it works now. It was broken by the pagination.
It would actually be a good exercise to implement parsing more pages using recursion.

I apologize for not showing up. I didn’t not expected to be on the same day. However, is it possible @denispeplin to get a schedule for this week? In that way I’d be able to shift my day around in advance, in order to participate in the session.

1 Like

I have plans to do it later (for the next week).

1 Like

Hope I’ve not missed a lot. I’m in need of a mentor and a teacher.

1 Like

You definitely haven’t. I’m just starting. Mentoring is what I keep in mind, but I’m thinking more about you doing 95% of the job and me helping with other 5% you might be stuck with.

2 Likes

I’d also love to join.

1 Like

Is it too late to join? I would like to learn too :slight_smile:
What do I need to do to catch up?

I’m interested! I’ve been doing some challenges on exercism, reading tutorials, but I would love to be part of a group!

Hi denispeplin, I am excited about this, I think I bit late for the party , could you add me to this. This GitHub.com/tenzil-rpx is me. Please add me. Thanks

Hi, Denis.

I’d like to sign up for one-on-one sessions. I can start towards the end of next week. I’m in Europe. What time zone are you in?

Thanks.

Hi, I am in. I am in Australia. Happy to get involve in an open source project too. Or a commercial.

The next session is TOMORROW, 19.11.19, 11:00UTC. Please ping me in PM if you want to join so I will know in advance how many people we’ll have.

I’ll send a Zoom link to the Telegram channel (the channel is in my profile).

For everybody who ask me to add them: I’m not adding, you just joining, that’s it.

I don’t have 1-on-1 sessions (yet). UTC+4.

1 Like

Sounds great. Thank you.

Today we added some functionality to the script. Next step is refactoring, and the next session is on Friday, 11:00 UTC.

1 Like