josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Hi everyone,

I have updated Elixir’s wiki page on IDE/Editor support and I am now linking to it from the website.

If you know of other editors and integrations which are up to date or if you know of up to date material to help folks get started, please add them to the page. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Showing Posts 1 to 10

Eiji

Eiji

Are there any official or community plans to support Pulsar (editor based on archived Atom)?

Update: Looks like IntelliJ plugin (stable version) is outdated. The release v16.0.0 supports only 2023.2 IDEs when current version is IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3.2 (Community Edition), so it’s worth to mention that canary release channel is currently needed for latest IDE’s version.

hauleth

hauleth

Lexical is missing from LSP list

polypush135

polypush135

I was told there would be sublime text support… :troll: :laughing:

josevalim

josevalim OP

Creator of Elixir

Sublime is listed on the page, although I am unaware of the current status. In any case, the goal of the thread is not to necessarily ask for support, but rather make sure the Wiki is up to date with the current tools and versions of everything. if someone wants to use this thread as encouragement to work on tooling for a given editor, even better! :slight_smile:

Mostalive

Mostalive

:slight_smile: Some encouragement and thanks for the Emacs modes, asdf/rtx and elixir-ls maintainers. I thought emacs 30 was ambitious (stable is 29 I believe, I upgraded from doom + emacs 28), but after some tinkering it works, and I got what I wanted (feedback on errors also in .heex.html files). And I got some options in the process, e.g. debugging and support for multiple elixir / erlang versions if needed. Keep up the good work!

polypush135

polypush135

Egg all over my face :man_facepalming:
Also I was just pulling your leg, thank you for everything.

hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki

we have so many “next generation” language servers :joy:

PJUllrich

PJUllrich

Author of Building Table Views with Phoenix LiveView

The Zed editor has very good Elixir support (but no plugins)

adw632

adw632

I use LazyVim, it has out of the box support for Elixir as documented here with a simple config command or one line config entry:

hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki

and it’s been made open source just today I think. Unfortunately, macOS only.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Notices Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews