ElixirCasts

ElixirCasts

Forum Sponsor

In this episode, we’ll learn how to streamline our Elixir development workflow by customizing our IEx shell with a .iex.exs file.

Showing Posts 1 to 6

marcxrand

marcxrand

Nice! Is there a way to keep tab-autocomplete with aliased modules?

For instance, pressing Tab after iex> App.Repo gives you a list of functions in the Repo module – but iex does nothing when pressing Tab after iex> Repo

ElixirCasts

ElixirCasts OP

Forum Sponsor

Yes, it should work, but only after a dot:

iex> Repo. #Tab here
aggregate/2 ...

Thanks for watching and hope this helps!

marcxrand

marcxrand

Interesting – it doesn’t work for me :thinking:

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

I think it may not work on OTP 28.0.x but may work on OTP 28.1 (unverified)

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

I can confirm tab completion works with Erlang 28.1, on a Mac

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Screencasts Top

Potions
A new screencast on moving a blocking HTTP fetch into an Oban job. Part 1 of 2. Screencast + full walkthrough:
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews