IEx hangs on Windows 11

I’m finding that IEx hangs and stops accepting input immediately on start from Windows 11. I see an iex> prompt and can get no further. The app does apparently continue to run, log output continues, but I cannot make further input.

PS > elixir -v
Erlang/OTP 26 [erts-14.2.1] [source] [64-bit] [smp:24:24] [ds:24:24:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]

Elixir 1.16.0 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)

I’m using OTP 26.2.1 + Elixir 1.16.

I have also tried OTP 25 which doesn’t seem to exhibit the same problem but comes with its own annoyances in the form of werl.exe.

I know that there were a few console issues that were introduced with OTP 26, some of which (but perhaps not all) were addressed in 26.2.

Does anyone know how I can get more information out of the system to see what’s going wrong (or even how to fix it, which would be most welcome)?

OTP issue tracker would be the best place.

I’ve avoided OTP 26 because of all the terminal issues. I was hoping they’d be fixed in that patch but it sounds like the wait continues.

Thanks. Have done so. I can reproduce on multiple machines on my end too so glad to know it’s not just me.

Posted here: Erlang 26 breaks command line on Windows · Issue #7621 · erlang/otp · GitHub