iyjim

iyjim

The new release of Igniter might fail, since this issue was just happened to me:
(I’d like to upload an image, but I’m a new user)

asdf@897471af8b62:/tmp$ mix igniter.new toy_bank --install ash --extend ets
* creating README.md
* creating .formatter.exs
* creating .gitignore
* creating mix.exs
* creating lib
* creating lib/toy_bank.ex
* creating test
* creating test/test_helper.exs
* creating test/toy_bank_test.exs

Your Mix project was created successfully.
You can use "mix" to compile it, test it, and more:

    cd toy_bank
    mix test

Run "mix help" for more commands.
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Installer.Lib.Private.SharedUtils.install/1 is undefined or private
    (igniter 0.5.1) Installer.Lib.Private.SharedUtils.install(["ash", "--extend", "ets"])
    (mix 1.17.3) lib/mix/task.ex:495: anonymous fn/3 in Mix.Task.run_task/5
    lib/mix/tasks/igniter.new.ex:202: Mix.Tasks.Igniter.New.run/1
    (mix 1.17.3) lib/mix/task.ex:495: anonymous fn/3 in Mix.Task.run_task/5
    (mix 1.17.3) lib/mix/cli.ex:96: Mix.CLI.run_task/2
    /home/asdf/.asdf/installs/elixir/1.17.3-otp-27/bin/mix:2: (file)
asdf@897471af8b62:/tmp$ asdf list
elixir
 *1.17.3-otp-27
erlang
 *27.1.2
nodejs
 *23.1.0
asdf@897471af8b62:/tmp$ 

Actually, I tried many erlang/elixir versions, and all fail.

Is there a way to use previous version of Igniter? I did not find a way to do so in this forum.

Please help.

Showing Posts 1 to 10

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Looking into this now.

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Please install the latest archive of igniter_new to resolve the issue:

mix archive.install hex igniter_new 
iyjim

iyjim OP

Great! It works now, thanks a lot!

benbot

benbot

I’m running into this issue as well, but installing the latest igniter_new does not help :sweat_smile:

benbot

benbot

Oh, actually it’s a slightly different error

function Installer.Lib.Private.SharedUtils.igniter_version/0 is undefined (module Installer.Lib.Private.SharedUtils is not available)

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

You should also mix deps.update igniter in your projects. In addition, double check that you’ve truly updated your archive. If you are using something my like asdf, mix archives are installed per elixir version, meaning that your igniter_new version can change depending on your directory.

akramic

akramic

I’m also having a similar issue. Carried out the above command - which installs version 0.5.2.

Then used the command

mix igniter.new helpdesk \
  --install ash,ash_postgres,ash_phoenix \
  --with phx.new \
  --extend postgres \
  --example

Get the error

Failed to add igniter to mix.exs. Please add it manually and try again

For more information, see: https://hexdocs.pm/igniter/readme.html#installation

I saw your webcast with Peter Ullrich which prompted me to try Ash - I think the concept of completely separating the business layer is awesome - reminded me of Prag Dave’s philosophy expounded in his course.

Appreciate the huge efforts you’ve put in to implement all this and make it freely available to the community.

akramic

akramic

Running

helpdesk mix igniter.install ash,ash_postgres,ash_phoenix 

gives the error

** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Installer.Lib.Private.SharedUtils.igniter_version/0 is undefined (module Installer.Lib.Private.SharedUtils is not available)
    (igniter 0.5.2) Installer.Lib.Private.SharedUtils.igniter_version()
    (igniter 0.5.2) lib/mix/tasks/igniter.install.ex:86: Mix.Tasks.Igniter.Install.add_igniter_dep/1
    (igniter 0.5.2) lib/mix/tasks/igniter.install.ex:37: Mix.Tasks.Igniter.Install.run/1
    (mix 1.17.1) lib/mix/task.ex:495: anonymous fn/3 in Mix.Task.run_task/5
    (mix 1.17.1) lib/mix/cli.ex:96: Mix.CLI.run_task/2

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Yeah, there are a few things wrong with ar recent release. I’m working through them now.

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Hey folks, I’ve updated both the installer archive and igniter itself. Please update both (or just the installer if you don’t have a project using igniter yet) and try again.

This means updating the archive:

mix archive.install hex igniter_new

and the dep for any projects that have igniter in it

mix deps.update igniter

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews