tmariaz

tmariaz

Just deployed the @kip https://hex.pm/packages/image in the staging server.

While testing the Image.Classification.classify hangs. Tried the followed command locally and staging server.

Staging - Ubuntu:

iex> predictions  = Image.Classification.classify(image)

Any idea what is going on? I work like a breeze locally…

Locally:

iex(8)> predictions = Image.Classification.classify(image)
%{
  predictions: [
    %{label: "cheetah, chetah, Acinonyx jubatus", score: 0.9999818801879883},
    %{
      label: "jaguar, panther, Panthera onca, Felis onca",
      score: 1.4970299844208057e-6
    },
    %{label: "leopard, Panthera pardus", score: 5.347766318664071e-7},
    %{label: "gazelle", score: 2.296157504133589e-7},
    %{
      label: "snow leopard, ounce, Panthera uncia",
      score: 1.9233111459016072e-7
    }
  ]
}

Showing Posts 1 to 4

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Sounds like the Nx is running on the default binary backend which is native Elixir and very slow. Check your config.exs has:

config :nx,
  default_backend: EXLA.Backend
tmariaz

tmariaz OP

Awesome it works now. thanks

I’ve added it to the runtime.exs. I think it should be fine there I suppose or it has to be in config.exs?

beepbeepbopbop

beepbeepbopbop

If you never intend to change it, then config.exs would suffice. You use runtime.exs if you want to configure something at runtime, typically used to read environment variables.

tmariaz

tmariaz OP

Sure… thanks :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews